When we play in a high propagandize stone band, it’s a onslaught customarily to make it out of your parents’ basement.
But today, 9 high propagandize stone bands from opposite a state will have a possibility to showcase their talents — and win giveaway recording studio time — during a initial Kiwanis Club of Manchester K Rocks! Battle of a Bands.
The battle, presented in partnership with a Manchester Community Music School, kicks off during 2 p.m. during a Dana Center during St. Anselm College.
For some groups, it will be their largest assembly ever.
“We’ve been scheming for a conflict of a bands by personification a uncover over and over again constantly until we get zero wrong, personification it accurately how we would perform,” pronounced Chase Clark of a organisation Figure 8.
Dylan Kiely, of The Space Babies, pronounced they’ve been “writing lots of new songs and practicing daily.”
Nine teen acts will take a theatre during a initial K Rocks!, Battle of a Bands for a possibility to win giveaway studio recording time pleasantness of Manchester Community Music School.
- Mascenic Regional High School will be represented by steel rope Dusk, that includes Nate McAlpine on stroke guitar, Dan Morneau on lead guitar and vocals, Richie Picazio on drum and Kevin Gedenburg on drums and vocals.
- The choice stone contingent Figure 8 from Alvirne High School is finished adult of Chase Clark on guitar and lead vocals, Vinny Dupont on drum and vocals and Eric Dupont on drums and vocals.
- Merrimack Valley High School will be represented by a pop-punk organisation Still Average, that includes Alex Hunton on lead vocals, Ben Hunton on guitar, Connor Presutti on guitar, Sean Hamilton on drum and Zach Theriault on drums.
- The Hanover High School rope Ladyz First includes Tom “T Slates” Slater on guitar and flute, Andrew Beaubien on piano and vocals and Xavier Stone on piano and vocals.
- Pop-punk organisation In The Summer includes John Stark High School and Coe Brown High School students Chris Preble, Greg Whitney and Caleb Miller.
- Alternative stone rope Mr. Squid from Hollis High School includes Ben Chappelle, Joseph Roukas, Phillip Gerekos, Andrew Johnson and Jono Currier.
- Manchester Memorial High School rope Redline includes Jake Bascone, Blake Bascone, Ben Houle, Nick Oberlies and Sean Carr.
- Bedford High School will be represented by dual groups. Streets Ahead is finished adult of Cara Bernard, Miranda Sealander, Matt Cambria and Jeff Dalrymple, and The Space Babies includes Dylan Kiely, Ross White, Tyler Leblonde and Kyle Strader.
The Kiwanis Club of Manchester K Rocks! Battle of a Bands kicks off during 2 p.m. currently during a Dana Center during St. Anselm College. Doors open and opening acts start during 1 p.m. Tickets for K Rocks! are still accessible for $10 during www.kiwanismanchesternh.org.
“We’ve fundamentally taken a day a few days before a conflict of a bands and customarily left over a set a integrate of times, yet honestly, a best credentials we can have for going out and personification a uncover is carrying played a garland of shows before,” pronounced Chris Preble of In The Summer. “That kind of knowledge is what we, as a band, are customarily starting to collect adult on, and, since of that, are unequivocally removing a hang of going out and customarily personification for people.”
While some bands might have some pre-show jitters, Alex Hunton of Still Average, that has been personification together for a year and a half, pronounced they’re not too worried. They’ll leave a practicing to a day of a event.
“We’ve always had a thing for slapping shows together last-minute, so we figured it would be best not to mangle tradition,” pronounced Hunton.
This is a initial conflict of a bands Kiwanis Club of Manchester has held, though it’s not a initial vast prolongation for a free organization. For 25 years, Kiwanis hold a statewide cheerleading competition, though a enterprise to try something new led a organisation to a teen strain event.
“We had a roundtable contention about it and for a people who were meddlesome in substantiating a new project, it was a one idea everybody seemed to be meddlesome in,” pronounced Rob Batchelder, a co-chairman of K Rocks! “There’s an awful lot of courtesy on sports and a lot of venues where people can showcase their talent during sports though there aren’t as many things where people can uncover their low-pitched talent.”
The groups will any have 20 mins and will paint a operation of styles, from indie stone to cocktail punk techno hardcore. Some of a bands, like Ladies First, from Hanover, have been personification together for 4 years, though other groups, like Streets Ahead, have been together for customarily a few months. A few of a groups have a list of cover songs they perform, though today’s eventuality will be about phenomenon strange music.
Like many of a groups, Cara Bernard of Streets Ahead pronounced everybody in her rope pitches in on a songwriting.
“What customarily happens is Matt will come adult with a initial song, Miranda and Jeff will afterwards jam with him until we find what we wish it to sound like,” pronounced Bernard. “When a instrumental is mostly finished we afterwards write a lyrics and melody. Overall, a strain essay is a organisation effort.”
Thomas Slater of Ladies First pronounced he and his rope were desirous to enter a competition for a disturb of personification in front of a vast group.
“We’re always looking for opportunities to perform since zero gets us some-more of a rush afterwards personification live in front of a vast audience; a bigger, a better,” pronounced Slater.
Kiwanis announced a competition by promulgation information to each high propagandize in a state and operative in partnership with a dependent high propagandize group, Key Club.
Promoting a eventuality isn’t a customarily approach Key Club members will help, pronounced Cindy Harrington, a event’s co-chairwoman. Student volunteers will collect tickets, contend bands and run concessions.
“They are unequivocally concerned in all aspects of a event,” pronounced Harrington. “There’s something for everyone, depending on their interest.”
Kiwanis is also removing assistance from some internal veteran bands. The Yellow Team and Still Well Angel are scheduled to perform. Still Well Angel, that has had a songs played on Rock 101, WGIR-FM, is also permitting a students to use their sound equipment.